Last Updated: August 10, 2023
What information we collect
Upon accessing our platforms, we gather personal information concerning you. “Personal Information” is defined as information that pinpoints a specific individual, which includes:
- Real name, pseudonym, unique individual identifier, online handle, Internet Protocol (IP) address, or account identifier;
- Details about education, employment, employment background, or credit card details;
- Commercial data, such as details about products or services you've purchased, considered, or your purchasing behavior and patterns;
- Online or other electronic activity information concerning your engagement with a particular website; and
- Insights derived from the information highlighted in this section to form a profile, indicating a user’s preferences, habits, psychological tendencies, behavior, intelligence, skills, and talents.
The term "Personal Information" encompasses “personal data” as characterized by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and “personal information” as recognized under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). We collect Personal Information when you complete forms, communicate with us via our platforms, or when you establish an online profile. We might also collect Personal Information you make public, for instance, when writing a product review or commenting on another user’s content.
Furthermore, we might gather specific details from your employer, like name, email address, and employment-related data (employee ID, job title, status, workplace location).
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
Our platforms utilize “cookies” (tiny data files stored on your device) and other tracking technologies to gather details about your platform visit. The cookies that might be used by Sponsorless are described as follows:
- Essential Cookies: Necessary for our platforms' proper functioning and cannot be turned off. They guarantee the primary features and security of the platforms. These cookies don't store Personal Information.
- Non-Essential Cookies: These might not be vital for our platforms and are utilized to gather user Personal Information through analytics, ads, and other embedded content, aiding in enhancing the platform's user experience.
Our platforms and services don’t acknowledge browser “Do Not Track” signals.
The cookies and tracking technologies we deploy do not capture Personal Information. The data gathered can be used for various purposes like monitoring your visits, addressing problems, enhancing our platforms, web traffic analysis, and safeguarding our platforms' security and integrity. If you prefer not to accept cookies, you might configure your browser to either refuse all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set, but your user experience might be limited.
Pixel tags (also known as “clear gifs”, “Web beacons”, or “1-by-1 gifs”) might also be used on our platforms. These can be associated with specific pages or email communications to gauge the efficacy of our outreach and marketing endeavors, generate usage and response statistics, and help resolve issues.
Certain third-party vendors may gather details about your online activities across various websites when you utilize our platforms.
How we collect personal information
We obtain Personal Information through a variety of methods and channels, ensuring transparency and clarity throughout the process:
- Direct Interaction: Most of the information we collect is directly provided by you. This could be when you fill out forms on our sites, communicate with us, sign up for newsletters, respond to surveys, or provide feedback.
- Use of Our Sites: When you access our sites, we collect certain technical information automatically. This includes IP addresses, browser types, time zone settings, and other technology on the devices you use to access our platforms.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies: As discussed in the previous section, our sites utilize cookies and other related tracking mechanisms. This helps us in capturing information about your browsing patterns and preferences.
- Employer Data: We might obtain information from your employer, especially if you are using our platforms for professional or training purposes.
- Third-party and Data Providers: We sometimes collaborate with third parties, affiliates, and data providers to obtain additional data about our users. This can include demographic data, purchase history, and other relevant details that can enhance our services.
- Publicly Available Sources: We might collect Personal Information from publicly accessible sources, like social media platforms, online directories, or other platforms where you might have shared your details.
- Training Modules and Activities: When you undertake any training or educational modules on our platforms, we record your progress, scores, and any feedback you provide.
- Commercial Transactions: When you engage in any commercial transaction on our sites, including but not limited to purchasing, renting, or subscribing to services or products, we collect information related to the transaction.
- Security and Surveillance: To ensure the safety and security of our platforms, users, and services, we might employ certain surveillance and monitoring technologies, which can collect Personal Information in the process.
- Direct Marketing and Communications: If you've opted in for direct marketing or any promotional communication, we might collect additional data based on your interaction with these communications.
- Feedback and Reviews: Any feedback, reviews, or testimonials you provide might also come with additional personal data that we store and process.
- Events and Seminars: If you attend any events, seminars, or webinars organized by us or our partners, we might collect data during registration or through feedback forms.
At Sponsorless, we believe in empowering our users by granting them rights concerning their personal data. As a user, you have the right to:
- Access: You can request access to your personal information that we hold, and we will provide it to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Correction: If you believe any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that we correct or complete it.
- Deletion: You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in specific circumstances.
- Restrict Processing: In certain conditions, you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object to Processing: If your personal data is being processed based on legitimate interests or for direct marketing, you may object to such processing.
- Data Portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data across different services for your purposes.
- Lodge a Complaint: If you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes upon your rights or data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authorities.
For any of the above requests or for further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to addressing your concerns and ensuring your rights concerning your data are upheld.
Data sharing & Disclosure
The trust and privacy of our users are paramount. While we sometimes share your Personal Information with third parties, it is always done judiciously and with specific purposes in mind. Here’s how and why we might share your data:
- Service Providers & Partners: We may contract with third-party providers to help us improve our services. Examples include data analysis firms, customer support specialists, web hosting companies, and fulfillment centers. These providers may access data to perform their services but are prohibited from using it for other purposes.
- Legal & Compliance: We may disclose your Personal Information if required by law, or if we believe it's necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activities, or in the event of any legal process.
- Protection of Rights: We may share your information to enforce our agreements, protect our rights, and safeguard the integrity of our platforms and services.
- Online Advertising and Marketing: To offer tailored marketing content, we might share certain non-personally identifiable data with marketing partners or advertising platforms. This helps in presenting ads that are relevant to you.
- Feedback and Reviews: If you provide feedback or reviews about our products or services, we might share them publicly without associating them with your name or other personal data unless provided with your consent.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate and statistical data with third parties for public relations or research purposes. This data does not contain personally identifiable information.
- Consent: In some instances, we may share your data with third parties with your direct consent or at your direction.
- Third-Party Platforms: Our sites may integrate with third-party platforms (like social media sites). If you choose to interact or share any data via such platforms, your information will be governed by their privacy policies.
It's essential to clarify that we do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. Our primary aim in sharing data is to enhance our services, provide a seamless user experience, and ensure our platforms' safety and efficiency. Always be assured that any sharing comes with the commitment to protecting your privacy.
SMS Mobile message management program
When you choose to participate in our SMS Mobile Message Management Program, you’re agreeing to receive marketing, informational, and other types of messages from us via your mobile device. This section outlines how we manage and use the information collected through this service.
- Opt-In: By signing up for our SMS services, you consent to receive text messages from us to the mobile number you’ve provided at opt-in.
- Frequency of Messages: Depending on the preferences you set and the services you subscribe to, the frequency of text messages may vary. Typical messaging includes promotions, service updates, and other relevant notifications.
- Message & Data Rates: While our service is complimentary, message and data rates may apply depending on your mobile carrier. We are not responsible for any messaging or data charges incurred by you.
- Opt-Out: If you wish to stop receiving text messages from us, reply with the keyword "STOP" to any of our messages. Upon receiving your request, we will send you one final message to confirm that you've been unsubscribed. After that, you won't receive any more messages from us unless you opt-in again.
- Changes & Updates: Occasionally, we may revise or change the terms of our SMS Mobile Message Management Program. When we make significant changes, we’ll notify you through the service.
- Support & Questions: For any support or questions related to our SMS services, you can reply with the keyword "HELP" or reach out to our customer support directly.
- Carrier Compatibility: Our SMS services are compatible with most major mobile carriers, but we cannot guarantee that every carrier will support or deliver our messages.
- Security: While text messaging is generally secure, we cannot guarantee complete security as these messages travel through multiple networks. Please avoid sending sensitive personal information via text.
At Sponsorless, we prioritize the prudent and responsible management of the personal data we collect. Our data retention policies are structured to ensure we don’t hold onto your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
- Duration: Personal data will be retained only for the duration required to serve its primary purpose, after which it will be deleted or anonymized. For instance, data related to customer transactions may be retained until the end of the warranty period or as mandated by financial regulations.
- Account Termination: Should you choose to terminate your account or discontinue your association with Sponsorless, we will remove or anonymize your personal information, unless there’s a legitimate reason, such as outstanding transactions or legal requirements, to retain it.
- Regulatory and Legal Obligations: In certain instances, specific regulatory and legal obligations might require us to retain data for a set period. This includes financial transactions, disputes, or safety regulations where data retention becomes crucial for resolving issues or for compliance.
- Regular Review: We conduct regular reviews of the personal data we store. Information that is no longer needed or has no valid use-case will be securely deleted or transformed into an anonymous format, ensuring that it can no longer be associated with an individual.
- Backup Systems: Please note that even after removal, copies of personal data may remain in backup storage for some time. However, such data will still adhere to our retention periods and will not be accessible in our working system.
For more specifics regarding our data retention practices or if you have questions about the deletion of your personal data, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
California privacy rights
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents have the following rights in relation to their personal information:
- Right to Deletion: Residents may request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer which the business has collected from the consumer.
- Right to Disclosure: California residents can ask a business to reveal, at no cost, the following:
- The categories of personal information the business has collected about the consumer in the past 12 months.
- The sources from which the personal information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- Specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about the consumer.
- Right to Information on Sales and Disclosures: Residents can request that a business that sells their personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose, provide, free of charge:
- The categories of personal information that the business sold in the previous 12 months, and for each category identified, the types of third parties to which it sold that specific category of personal information.
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed for a business purpose in the previous 12 months, and for each category identified, the types of third parties to whom it disclosed that particular category of personal information.
- Right to Opt-Out: Residents can direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties to stop selling the consumer’s personal information.
We assure all users that we will not engage in discriminatory practices if any consumer chooses to exercise their rights as delineated in this section.
Ensuring the safety and security of the Personal Information that you entrust to us is paramount. We incorporate a multifaceted approach to safeguard your data, encompassing physical, technological, and administrative measures. As an illustration, we utilize cutting-edge encryption protocols when transmitting Personal Information to fortify its confidentiality.
However, it's crucial to understand that no security measure can guarantee 100% protection. It's also worth noting that traditional email doesn't offer a completely secure channel for communication. Hence, we advise caution when transferring sensitive data via email. We hold on to the Personal Information we gather just as long as is practically essential for the intents it was accrued for or to fulfill any legal obligations.
It's possible that the Personal Information we gather could be stored or processed on servers situated outside of your home country, including but not limited to the United States. These international jurisdictions may have data protection norms that differ from those in your country. This means that your information could be accessed by governmental bodies, courts, or law enforcement agencies in those areas, based on the legal provisions of such territories. However, within the framework of these foreign laws, we remain committed to implementing stringent measures to maintain the security of your Personal Information. We pledge to leverage all reasonable endeavors to ensure that suitable security protocols are consistently upheld.
Links to Other Websites
Our sites and platform are not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. Children under the age of 16 are prohibited from creating an online profile.
International Data Transfers
As a U.S.-based company, Sponsorless primarily processes and stores personal data within the United States. However, we may sometimes transfer personal information to other countries, either because we use service providers who process data on our behalf in other locations, or due to the international nature of our operations.
When transferring personal data outside of the United States, we ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your information. Such transfers will be carried out in compliance with relevant data protection laws. For data transfers to countries that do not offer an equivalent level of protection as the U.S., we will implement appropriate measures, such as standard contractual clauses approved by relevant authorities, to ensure that your personal data remains secure and protected.
In the course of our operations, your personal data may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that differ from those of your country of residence.
It is important to note that when your personal data is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA) to a third country or to an international organization, it may be subject to that country or organization's data processing standards.
Alternatively, for written correspondence, our address is:
Attn: Customer Support
32 East Utah Avenue
Payson, UT 84651